Re: ISA + exchange 5.5

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:10:43 -0700

Protocol rules are not used for services on the ISA server itself.
When you run the "Secure Mail Server" wizard in "LocalHost" mode, it creates
packet filters.
Bear in mind that changes to ISA policies are not instaneous; they can take
up to a minute, depending on the present load.
On an idle ISA, they generally take effect in about 10-30 seconds, but you
can also restart the appropriate service, too.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the books!