ISA browsing problem

  • From: "Don McCall" <DMcCall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:53:20 +1000

I have installed (a year and a half ago) a stand alone ISA server which
is a member of the domain. It is running on Server 2000. It is running
fine and we have no problems with its opperation. However when we
recently decided to upgrade our backup software we noticed it was not
appearing in the browse list for the domain. It appears in DNS you can
URL to it you can ping it and run MMC attached to it, It mails its
alerts regularly, from all appearances it functions as a normal member
of the domain.

However from the ISA sever itself you cannot browse the domain... It
comes up with ""domain name" is not accessable". "The list of servers
for this workgroup is not currently available" All this while being
logged on as Domain Admins.

From a member PC you cannot locate the ISA when browsing the domain.
Everything else is working fine. Could this have been the result of
hardening the server? How can I get it appearing back in the browse
list? This is necessary to push an agent on to it.

This is probably a dumb question... but got to start some where.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Don McCall
Systems Administrator
Baptist Community Services
Phone 02 9941 6049
Email dmccall@xxxxxxxxxx
Fax 02 9889 1520

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
Baptist Community Services. 2