RE: ISA behind a Netscreen

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 01:16:04 +0100

Hi Scott,

if you want a gateway-to-gateway VPN and full connectivity (all sort of
protocols such as file and printer sharing, domain logon, etc...), your VPN
endpoints should have access to the internal networks. So, if the ISA sits
behind the Netscreen (on the internal side) then the ISA should be the VPN
endpoint. Now, this is not a easy configuration because I think Netscreen is
using pure IPSec for VPN.

To make life easy, I suggest you place the Netscreen in parallel with the
ISA and use it *only* for the VPN connection.

Hope this helps,
Stefaan