ISA as VPN Server + Disconnect

  • From: "Scott" <scott.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:17:48 -0600

Hi,

We are about to open a new branch and unfortunately their is no high speed
Internet available until a few months.  As a result we have had to connect
to our ISP using 56K dialup...YUCK!  I have our VPN Client (made with
CMAK) installed on the branch server and successfully connects back to
head office using this connection through Windows 2000 Server with ISA
2000.  The VPN Client "Disconnect when Idle" is set to never, however we
find that after about 30 - 45 minutes the dialup link disconnects.

What could be causing this?