Re: ISA and VPN

  • From: "Brad Benz" <bbenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 13:58:19 -0700

You want the ISA server's default gateway to be the interface TO the ISP, NOT
at the other end of the VPN tunnel.

You can verify that this is happening by running a "route print" at a command
prompt before dialing the VPN connection, and again after. You will notice the
default route (0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0) changes when the VPN is connected.

Clearing the checkbox as shown below will allow you to have full connection to
the VPN, and route all non-local and non-VPN traffic out to the satellite link.
The ISA server's routing table will be updated with routes available via VPN,
but still route all non-local traffic out it's external interface

I'm running this exact setup at a client using "Startband" satellite ISP from
Dish Networks.

Try it, You'll see..

Brad Benz
MCSE(2K), CCNA, CCDA, CIPT