Re: ISA and VLAN (partly OT)

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:23:55 -0700

Actually, you'll find option 2 more functional.

The multi-NIC problem is only good if  (ISA PCI Slots / VLANS) > 1.
Otherwise, you're screwed and only the single-master VLAN option is usable.
Generally speaking, if your switch can create VLANs, then routing between
them should be controllable as well.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver