ISA and Cable modem ( intermittent disconnects )

  • From: "david austin" <david.austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:13:46 -0600

Several months ago we set up an isa server with a cable modem. At the time
they had a dynamic ip address so we allowed dhcp client as per Toms book.
The only way we could get the connection to stay up was to manually do a
ipconfig / renew every morning.

They have now moved over to a fixed IP address which has been entered into
the tcpip properties of the wan nic.

The connection is still unstable, going up and down like a yoyo. The
cableco are adamant that their side of it is fine. We have disabled the
dhcp client rule as they are on a fixed IP.

Is there anything in ISA server which could be causing this periodical
loss of connectivity. It seems to come back of its own accord too, which
is even more confusing.

Before I go ranting and raving at the cableco... does anyone have any
ideas that we could try ??

The ISA server is in firewall only mode, is set as a vpn server too if
that makes any difference. When the conn is up everything works as it
should.

Thanks very much for any help.

regards

David Austin