Re: ISA VPN problem

  • From: "Joe Pochedley" <JoePochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:37:19 -0400

George,

How did you enable VPN through ISA?  If you just ran the wizard to
"Enable VPN through ISA" then you enabled incoming VPN through the ISA
server and it sounds like you want outbound VPN through ISA to another
network, correct?

You need to find out what ports the VPN client needs open to access the
external VPN, then you need to open them for outbound access on your ISA
server...  Your internal clients will probably also need to run as SNAT
clients as I doubt the FW Client will work with an outbound VPN
connection.  Then you can set up IE on those clients as a Proxy Client
and still control their web surfing if you need to (lock down IE to keep
them from changing the Proxy settings if you must).

HTH

JoeP

  _____