RE: ISA, VPN and Routing!

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:22:28 -0500

Good Morning Risun - I read your post a couple of times, I think I
understand your setup, you have ISA as your Firewall, Web Proxy, you have
another server running RRAS  that connects both of your ISP accounts and
establishes VPN tunnels to your branch offices, you are having trouble
accessing the Internet from your internal private computers? Are we close?
if this is correct, I think I would rearrange it a bit. I think I might do
it this way, have your RRAS server span your internal net with your
public IP address range, build yourself an Edge Router on your Private
network so you can control routes coming from your Internal network and use
this internal router
as your private network's default gateway, your RRAS server will be used to
connect your VPN tunnels to your branch offices and use your ISA server for
your Firewall and Web Proxy services. Perhaps I may not have interpreted
your explanation correctly, could you provide some more detail.