ISA Services and Their Processes

  • From: "Wayne Berry" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:56:18 -0800

ISAList:

When I do a "net start" for the command line I see:

   Microsoft Firewall

   Microsoft ISA Server Control

   Microsoft ISA Server Job Scheduler

   Microsoft ISA Server Storage

In the running service list.  I know that "Microsoft Firewall" Service is
tied to wspsrv.exe.

1)       I am wondering if anyone know what the other services are using for
a process space?

2)       "Microsoft Firewall" doesn't have any dependencies, so the other
services don't have to start first.  Anyone know if they are dependent on
"Microsoft Firewall"?

3)       Anyone know the short name for the other services?, "Microsoft
Firewall" short name is "fwsrv"?

4)       Anyone know what the other services do?  "Microsoft Firewall" is
the proxy/firewall, however I am pretty sure it doesn't handle the ADs
structure for ISA.

Thanks,

Wayne Berry

The ISAPI Dev Lurking In the ISA List