ISA Server on internal network

  • From: "Aleksander Fran�a Honma" <Aleks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:50:25 -0600

Need more help...

I have a ISA server (ISA 1) standing on the edge of the network with an
Internal IP(net A) and an External IP. Now I need to provide Internet
acess to a second Internal network (net B). For this I need to place a ISA
Server (ISA 2) between NET A and NET B (which should be isolated from NET
A).
Since my only way out to Internet is through ISA 1, and since my ISA 2
doesn't seems to work acessing the Internet via NAT (from net A) I tried
to create a VPN to NET A, this way I could provide and External IP do ISA
2. It worked fine while my Firewall Service was down, even my Remote Users
could dial-in and have Internet Acess. But bringing the Firewall Service
back up, no dial-in acess had Internet acess anymore... For the Remote
Dial-in user this was solved by installing the FW client(tks a million to
Jim Harrison that guide me). But now my ISA 2 can't acess the Internet nor
provide Internet acess to NET B.

I do think that there might be thousands of better ways of doing this,
though I couldn't think of any!

IMPORTANT: There are no physical possibilities of connecting ISA 2
directly to the Internet Hub!

Thanks a again for any help!
Aleksander França Honma
MCP (NT4)