ISA Server not processing site and content rules?

  • From: gm_moon@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:21:06 -0600

Hi,
I'm stumped! (Call me Stumpy)
We have an ISA server behind a PIX. Currently all previous protocol rules
and S&C rules were set up fine. I'm attempting to create a new rule to
deny all but a few sites to a user group. I create the Protocol Rule to
allow all "allowable" IP traffic to the group. I then create the S&C rule
to deny all but a specific destination set. I set up a redirect to test
that the rule was being applied. It redirects to an internal page. When I
log in as a member of the group, and go to an unallowed site, it properly
redirects to the internal page. When I attempt to go to any of the allowed
sites, it prompts me for username and password. If I put in the group
member's password, I get repeated password confirmation boxes, then a 407
saying the ISA server requires authorization.  If I put in an
administrator's creds, it lets me to the site fine.
When I view the ISA Web proxy log, it shows the name of the protocol rule
being processed, but only a "-" where the S&C rule should be. What am I
missing?
Thanks to all...
~G!