RE: ISA Server in NT4 domain with 1 way trust to in ternal W2K AD domain

  • From: "Stephen D. Pidgeon" <pidgeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:41:51 -0600

Raj,

I use the pre-windows 2000 domain name that AD Users and Computers
properties reports.  Say my registered domain name is mydomain.com.  Then my
internal AD domain is internal.mydomain.com.  I enter "INTERNAL" into the
add trusted box on NT4 Trust Relationships under User Manager for Domains.

The registered external network is mydomain.com, my DNS servers are linux
and have a zone for mydomain.com, the actual NT4 domain has a different
name.

I am wondering....

Can an external NT4 domain trust an internal W2K when they are connected by
a stand alone W2K Server in an NT4 domain with ISA on it?

If so, how?

Thank you all for your assistance. I'm just not grasping how to set up my
domains here.

Stephen D. Pidgeon