ISA Server and Outbound VPN

  • From: "Greg Wright" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:09:05 +1000

Hi all,

I havent been able to keep an eye on the mailing list for quite some
time, and I know that in the past there has been some ISA VPN related
posts. The reason I am posting this, is I have a customer that has a
highly configured ISA system, with configuration for an outbounf VPN
connection to their ISP for internet access, and then a couple more
oubound vpn's connecting the office to a central office in the US.

The internet VPN connection is constantly dropping and redialling its
connection. While I was onsite, the VPN never stayed up longer than 5
minutes.

Has anyone got any clues, recommendations or suggestions about issues
relating to VPN calls, ISA quirks etc?

I expect it will be just a matter of troubleshooting it, but I wondered
if anyone could give me a heads up before I get onsite.

Thanks,
Greg