RE: ISA Server and High FTP port using another applicat ion

  • From: "Butte, Jeff M APX" <jeff.butte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:06:50 -0500

Hopefully I understood your question, but this might be your problem.  I
just glanced at the tutorial and didn't see any reference to this.  FTP
utilizes two ports in the transaction, normally 21 and 20 (21 = control and
20 = data)  By default with FTP it assumes that any port you attempt to
negotiate a session on like 221, it will try to pass the data on one port
number less (in your case port 220)  Mike sure that nothing is using 220 and
that you do not have it blocked.

You might reference http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers to see what
port numbers to use and then do a NETSTAT -A -N on your ISA server to view
the ports in use on your internal and external NICs.

imap3           220/tcp    Interactive Mail Access Protocol v3
imap3           220/udp    Interactive Mail Access Protocol v3
#                          James Rice <RICE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
fln-spx         221/tcp    Berkeley rlogind with SPX auth
fln-spx         221/udp    Berkeley rlogind with SPX auth

- Jeff