ISA Server alert: The cache container initialization failed and the initialization was ignored.

  • From: "Larissa Aigner" <laigner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 23:39:49 -0700

Does anyone know what would cause this error?  Everything was working fine
and one day I restarted the Web Proxy service and I got this error, but I
had restarted the service several times after the last changes that I made
without getting this error.

Disk cache D:\urlcache\Dir1 failed to initialize. Invalid volume
specified. The volume must be a NTFS volume with supported sector sizes.
Specify a valid volume as a cache drive. You may need to change your
hardware if the required sector size is not supported. Restart the Web
Proxy service.  Identify the reason for cache failure by examining
previous recorded events, or the error code. The error code in the Data
area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure (internal
code: 504.1277.3.0.1200.50).