Re: ISA Server alert: An intrusion was attempted by an external user.

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:33:27 -0700

IP...log is a generalization for the Packet Filter log that ISA creates.
This is named IP^*yyymmdd.log, where "^" may be "EXT" if you're using W3C
format and "*" represents the log turnover periodicity (D, W, M, Y).
ISA is responsible for the event log entry, so ISA did report it.
Don't use the reports for specific incident evaluation; they're very
general.
Let's keep this in the list so everyone can play...

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG