Re: ISA Server DMZ Scenarios,DNS for ISA Server

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:06:11 -0800

You can operate ISA behind other firewalls; just make sure that ISA
understands how to use them to reach the Internet (routing rules, etc.)
As far as IP assignment, just make sure that the internal and external
interfaces don't share the same subnet.  Much frustration to be had if you
do.
You don't need AD just to host DNS.
By the same token, AD doesn't work without DNS.
On the third hand, AD on an ISA is a very weak security model.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the book!