ISA Server Array and Chaining

  • From: pujag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 06:37:37 -0600

Hi,

The Situation:
We have internet leased line at the Head office and all branch offices
connect to the head office for internet access. I'm in the process of
designing a firewall architecture and Proxy services using ISA server. My
internet firewall is Nokia Checkpoint and i plan to use ISA server as the
internal firewall (2nd tier firewall)

Design:
I plan to setup ISA Enterprise edition in the integrated mode (firewall
and caching) to form an Array at the head office with a ISA standard
edition for caching on the branch office. I want to use hierarchical
chaning of the servers between the branch office and the head office.

Questions
1) Has anyone got a similar working implementation?

2) I believe that at the client at the branch office will be configured to
pint to the local ISA server and the local ISA server will point to head
office array name and the requests go to the alternate ISA servers for
load balancing is that correct? If so what routing basis does the array
use to manage to send these requests to the alternate ISA servers in the
array.

3) We are planning to setup the ISA server in the branch office on a
domain controller which is also and AD integrated DNS server. Is anyone
aware of any problems related to this since i saw an article about this on
ISAserver.org site.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Cheers!!!

3)