[isalist] Re: ISA Server 2004/2006 & Verizon DSL Connection

  • From: "Tee Darling" <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:25:05 -0400

John,
The scenario you described here is good. I had my network setup like that
before with ISA 2004. The problem I was having was that, the moment I had
the external interface configured to have a static private IP address on the
private side of the Verizon box NAT, I couldn't send e-mail out. I was able
to receive e-mail but not send. Was there any configuration I was supposed
to perform? Thanks.

On 3/12/07, John Becker <becker1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Technically not a guru ;-)
It does not make sense to me that DHCP  would be any different for a
server version of windows.

Is the Verizon router not able to perform NAT?

The scenario which works for me: DSL router performing NAT - ISA external
NIC manually set to an ip address on the private side of the NAT.

KB
On Mar 12, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Tee Darling wrote:

It's residential. I don't know about MAC or NAT router (Linksys) since I
did not ask them that question. My only concern is how do I make it work
with ISA Server 2006 on a Windows 2003 server?