[isalist] Re: ISA Server 2004/2006 & Verizon DSL Connection

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 06:28:19 -0700

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841141

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Tee Darling
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:00 AM
To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isalist] Re: ISA Server 2004/2006 & Verizon DSL Connection

Tom,
  Excellent question you have here but the answer is I do not really
want the NAT device to assign the ISA Firewall's external interface an
IP address. The NAT device won't even do it. So I ended up doing it
manually. With this configuration, everything works fine except when I
try to send an e-mail from my Outlook 2003 which is connected to
Exchange 2003 within my Internal LAN then the mail gets stuck in the
Queue.

 The problem I realised I was having was that when I was using a cable
device from Adelphia, everything was working fine with this setup I have
mentioned here. The cable box was able to assign a public IP to the
External Interface of the ISA 2004 Server machine which is running
Windows Server 2003 without any problem. Everything has been working
fine and I would say "Thanks to you" for I read most of your articles to
help setup my environment. The moment I dropped the cable comapny and
replaced them with Verizon DSL box, my e-mails would always get stuck in
the Queue. I dropped the cable company Adelphia because their connection
keeps dropping almost everyday.

I can't figure out what to do from here. Thanks.

Tee

On 3/12/07, Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Why do you want the NAT device to assign the ISA Firewall's external
interface an IP address? Do that manually and turn off DHCP services on
the NAT device.

HTH,

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.