RE: ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition SP1

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:20:14 -0500

The "only" reason I don't jump on doing that right away is that I would
have to leave that batch file in the login script until "all" of the
clients have been updated.  This includes all the laptops that don't get
brought in from home but once every six months.  In the meantime, the
computers that get logged into 50 times a day will have the client
updated that many times per day unless I get really elaborate with the
login script.  Then, when I "think" all the computers finally got
updated, I take that out of the login script and wait for the calls
about not being able to reach the Internet.

So, to me the Group Policy is a much simpler approach in that it will
install once, and only once, and will catch every computer that boots up
on the network.