ISA Schedule and dialup connection

  • From: "Nathan Simpson" <nathansimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:04:26 +1100

Hi,

We have schedules set in ISA that all but the deny policies use, that
restrict access before 6am and after 9pm.

This is set to hopefully disconnect the dialup connection after this time.

Problem is, it won't end sessions, and if a session is active the dialup
will stay connected.

So I got a bit of VB code to end the dialup connection which works fine but
my dialup still occurs even though it is outside of the schedule hours.

So is this how ISA works:

If ISA receives a request it will dialup to The Internet and then disallow
the request based on the schedule.

Is this right? If so what would be the best way to end the dialup
connection. Just end the 3 services at 9pm and then restart and 6am. I am
pretty sure this would work.

TIA

Nathan Simpson