RE: ISA SERVER CONFIG- I could not destination address

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:21:24 -0600

Hi Bala,

ISA Server thinks in terms of trust and untrusted networks. The trusted
networks are on the LAT, the untrusted networks are not on the LAT. If
you want to allow new connections from untrusted to trusted networks,
then you need to create publishing rules. If you want to allow new
connections from trusted to untrusted networks, then you need to create
Protocol Rules. While these are general principles, they should serve
you well when thinking about how to allow traffic to move in the
direction you want.

HTH,
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder