ISA Reporting - Needs to be updated

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:49:21 -0400

Hi Tom and Jim,

    I know this question is down at the bottom of the barrel but thought
I might ask.

    Ever wonder what is Unknown? Is it just something Microsoft is slow
in updating the ISA's Reporting tool to be more accuate in its
reporting? Or is it just something irrelivant to report and find it hard
to keep the report engine more up-to-date?  Are we able to modify the
report engine to help define the UNKNOWN?

    Under Protocols list, I have specified protocol rules to what ISA
provided in its list, but UNKNOWN appears?  I'm just wondering if the
default out-of-the-box ISA is configured with specific protocol rules
why would the report engine result with an unknown?

Just wondering...no real rush in an answer :-)

Traffic by protocols

Protocol         Requests        % of Total Requests
http    14559   78.0 %
UNKNOWN         1503    8.1 %
SSL-tunnel      1135    6.1 %
DNS Query       1002    5.4 %
KazaaLite       236     1.3 %
SMTP Server     83      0.4 %
ftp     30      0.2 %
NNTP    29      0.2 %
NTP (UDP)       26      0.1 %
FTP Download only       18      0.1 %
MSN Messenger and Net2Phone     9       0.0 %
SMTP    8       0.0 %
MMS - Windows Media     7       0.0 %
RTSP    5       0.0 %
HTTPS Server    3       0.0 %
NetBios Name Service    1       0.0 %
Total   18654   100.0 %

Web traffic by operating system

No       Operating System        Unique Users    Requests        % of
Total Requests
1       Windows 2000    8       9501    63.8 %
2       UNKNOWN         9       4453    29.9 %
3       Windows         2       889     6.0 %
4       Windows 32bit   4       55      0.4 %
        Total   13      14898   100.0 %

  _____

Regards,

David V. Dellanno - MCSE, MCP+I, MCP
MSDEMO Consultants
Williams Place
2564 Bridgewood Lane
Snellville, Georgia 30078 USA
(770) 736-8794 (Office)
msdemo.net <http://msdemo.net/>

Confidentiality Notice:
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and