Re: ISA Reboots Periodically (losing confidence quickly)

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:15:08 -0400

I have the issues you describe.
My server reboots itself on a random basis.
I have been meaning to nuke and pave the systems for a while , but lack the
desire to spend 6 hrs rebuilding it from the ground.
I know my server requires some new drives, and this is what is likely
causing my servers stress.

If you can keep the server offline from the internet, try to run the server
with ISA disabled.
You will "likely" find that it will reboot with out ISA running.
But you will have to use it as a server in some form to make sure it's
taxed.
Perhaps disable the web cache if you use it.

Regards,

Mark S