ISA Problems - Server just stops responding

  • From: "Taps" <Taps@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:04:58 -0500

Anyone know why the Firewall Service would just stop responding?

The WebProxy Service is working fine.  All my internal users are able to
connect to outside sites without any problems.

From the outside I am able to connect to the VPN Connection on that box.

All my web sites are server published.  We are needing to do this so
that the correct IP is passed to the applications running on the sites.

DNS, FTP and MAIL are also being server published.

At random intervals, the firewall service simply stops.  No event log
messages, no errors on console, nothing.  If I stop the firewall service
from the ISA console then an event log appears for each of my web sites
saying that they couldn't be started because the ports were already in
use.  Nothing else, just the web sites.

If I stop the firewall service and do a 'netstat -a', then I see that
all the IP/Ports for the web sites are still listed as LISTENING.

There is nothing else running on the machine that would be monitoring
port 80 or 443. (Only one site is using SSL as well).

The only way I can get the ports to respond correctly is to reboot the
entire machine.  I could possible disable and then enable the card, but
if I am doing it remotely, that's not an option.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Taps