RE: ISA Online Gaming Help

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:43:20 -0500

Hi John,

Good point. It does bring up an interesting design issue. What traffic
on a University network is secure? Even if you put the students on a DMZ
public segment or "low security" segment maybe has a UPnP NAT in front
of it, what about the student network? I can't image that any network
that has students on it would be secure, as I'm sure they aren't exactly
keenly aware or concerned with network use policy. Perhaps the best way
to do things is to put the students on their own protected segment,
which is away from any departmental resources and away from the Internet
and the games segment.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder