RE: ISA Multihomed server same IP segment

  • From: "Paul Drumm" <P.Drumm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:33:35 -0500

1.  The firewall is proxying and routing so the subnets have to be
different.
2.  I can not believe another product would let you do that because then
it could not route.
3.  All firewall products act like this which have any value - Raptor,
Checkpoint, ISA, etc.
4. Use a different subnet for the external interface of ISA to internal
E0 of router.  This is standard practice.