ISA Multi-Homed Requirement?

  • From: "Mike Scott" <mscott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:33:43 -0700

We are in the process of implementing an ISA server primarily to secure
our Exchange traffic better than it is.  We currently have our Exchange
Server on our DMZ with entries in our Cisco PIX firewall to allow the
inside network to see it and access it.  We are being told that the only
way to configure ISA for what we want would be to multi-home our ISA
Server.  Is that correct and if so, are there any security risks we are
opening ourselves up to by having this configuration?  I'm in an office
that is becoming more and more paranoid regarding our security setup and
they've been told over and over that multi-homing is bad...Any light you
could shed would be great.