RE: ISA, Mailrealay and DMZ issues...

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:43:46 +0100

Hi Michael,

it's nothing wrong with placing a secure smtp gateway in your DMZ. That's
also my preferred configuration. You control perfectly with ISA which ports
are visible to the outside world. As said in my previous post, outgoing mail
is stuck in the mail relay server queue because your trihomed setup is wrong
(DMZ should only have public routable ip-addresses). Oh, by the way, your
DMZ subnet should *not* be in the LAT, otherwise it is *not* a DMZ but
another internal interface!

Regards,
Stefaan