Re: ISA Firewall Client Service

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:35:22 -0800

Hi Wagner,

The Firewall client isn't a service; it's software layer on top of Winsock.
Chances are, you just need to make some specific settings in the Applications
Setting in the ISA Firewall Client.
1.  go to the FW logs to see how the Tivoli application appears (like "msmsgs"
= IM, for instance)
2.  open the ISA MMC and drill down to Client Configuration, Firewall Client,
Applications Settings.
3.  create a new entry using the name of the Tivoli app and choose "disable"
and a value of "1".

You'll need to restart the FW service to recreate the mspclnt.ini file and
restart the hosts FW client (disable/enable).

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://isaserver.org/pages/author_index.asp?aut=3
 http://isatools.org