ISA 2k4, windows sp1 and Virtual PC

  • From: "Ted D" <tdoholis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 08:26:45 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to restore a backup that I took from a server
2003 sp1, ISA 2004 machine on to a server 2003 gold machine. Each time
I try to cataloge the file, I get an error "The backup
file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used".

To add to this, I can browse the contents of the BKF file
on the server that I took it from. What I am trying to do
is restore it to Virtual PC image of a bare server 2003 to
test the restore procedure.

I found an article that explains the incompatabilities
between other versions but not this case. The backup was
verified when complete as successful but will not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks