[isalist] Re: ISA 2006 - Require 128-bit encryption for HTTPS traffic

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 06:33:37 -0800

My concern was that the UI might be lying to you about enforcing 128-bit
encryption, in which case you would have had a much larger issue.
Just a guess, but I believe the UI designers decided that the
combination of HTTP + HTTPS + "require 128-bit" didn't make sense, since
you can't "require 128-bit" on HTTP and thus disabled that combination
in the UI.
At least you discovered a functional workaround and that's worth a KB.
I'll file the UI bug and start the KB on Monday.

Those are good questions about PPTP/IPSec - I'll ask around.