[isalist] ISA 2006 - Require 128-bit encryption for HTTPS traffic

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:46:38 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the following requirements in a simple web
publishing rule on ISA 2006:
1. Accept HTTP and HTTPS.
2. Redirect all traffic from HTTP to HTTPS.
3. Require 128-bit encryption for HTTPS traffic.

In the web listener I enabled HTTP and HTTPS and ticket the box 'Redirect
all traffic from HTTP to HTTPS'. This ensures that all traffic, including
any authentication traffic is done over HTTPS.

However, in the web publishing rule I can't enable the box 'Require 128-bit
encryption for HTTPS traffic' in the Traffic tab. That box is greyed out!
Only when I disable HTTP on the web listener I can enable the box 'Require
128-bit encryption for HTTPS traffic' in the Traffic tab.

Can't we redirect HTTP to HTTPS *and* require 128-bit encryption in one
step? What I'm missing?

Thanks,
Stefaan