[isalist] ISA 2006, Outlook anywhere, and passwords

  • From: Andrew Hodgson <Andrew.Hodgson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:08:42 +0100

Hi,

We have ISA 2006 and a password policy which expires passwords on x number of
days.

We are finding that we have several users with Outlook Anywhere using plain
authentication (not NTLM), and they are out of the office most of the time.

When these users have expired passwords, they can't log onto Outlook Anywhere,
and when they try to log into OWA, this fails as well (it actually fails on the
ISA box itself).

Is there any way to provide these users with a mechanism to change their
passwords externally every so often through a feature in ISA?

Thanks.
Andrew.

Andrew Hodgson
Senior Systems Administrator/Projects Engineer

Direct Line Tel: 01432 852332
Email: andrew.hodgson@xxxxxxxxxx

Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary.

--
allpay achieved PCI DSS and ISO 27001 certification in 2008
Registered in England No. 02933191. UK VAT Reg. No. 666 9148 88.

Telephone: 0844 225 5729, Fax: 0844 557 8350.
Website: www.allpay.net Email: enquiries@xxxxxxxxxx

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the allpay Information Security
Manager at the number above.

GIF image