[isalist] Re: ISA 2006 EE on a small network

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:11:30 -0700

The only CSS co-location problem you'll see from an application conflict
standpoint is when you install it on a DC.  To avoid problems with that, follow
the instructions in this
isablog<http://blogs.technet.com/isablog/archive/2007/03/21/installing-isa-server-2006-configuration-storage-server-on-a-domain-controller.aspx>.

1.      It's supported and it will work.

2.      Since most F&P deployments tend to include almost anyone with enough
political clout to have admin rights on the box, I'd strongly recommend that
you either deny such requests with an aluminum softball bat or you find another
location for your CSS

I recommend aluminum bats because they make such a satisfying <BING> when they
contact a human skull at high speed.

Jim