ISA 2004SE & Aventail SSL VPN

  • From: "Paul Crisp" <PCrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:05:21 -0000

Hi all,

Having an aventail box installed today and so far I have created a web
publishing rule using SSL and all is working ok. I now have a problem in
terms of one of the clients on the Aventail system, its called the
OnDemand Agent.

Basically internally any machine that accesses the Aventail box, the
OnDemand Agent works fine. Externally however is where the problems
occur. I have monitored the traffic coming through the ISA and when the
Agent fails to load the following lines appear in the ISA logs:

Log Time        Destination IP  Destination Port        Protocol
Action  Rule    Client IP       Client Username Source Network
Destination Network     HTTP Method     URL     Original Client IP
Client Agent    Authenticated Client    Service Server Name
Referring Server        Destination Host Name   Transport       MIME
Type    Object Source   Source Proxy    Destination Proxy
Bidirectional   Client Host Name        Filter Information      Network
Interface       Raw IP Header   Raw Payload     Source Port
Processing Time Bytes Sent      Bytes Received  Result Code     HTTP
Status Code     Cache Information       Error Information       Log
Record Type
3/20/2006 2:01:53 PM    <secondary firewall external IP>        443
HTTPS   Denied Connection               139.92.218.116          External
Local Host      -       -       139.92.218.116
<firewall name> -               TCP     -
No              -       <primary firewall external IP>  45 00 00 28 65
60 00 00 79 06 18 b5 8b 5c da 74 c3 9d 9a 4c    08 92 01 bb ee ad d8 ab
ee ad d8 ab 50 04 00 00 53 25 00 00     2194    0       0       0
0xc0040017 FWX_E_TCP_NOT_SYN_PACKET_DROPPED             0x0     0x0
Firewall

Sorry if above is a bit messy. To explain my setup, my external network
card has multiple external IP addresses, but I am only publishing on one
of the external IP's.

If anyone can give me any clues, your help is much appreciated

Thanks

Paul Crisp
Snr Network Support Analyst