ISA 2004 machine cannot access the internet and Microsoft Firewall Service does not start

  • From: "Efrossini Papazacharia" <fpapaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:18:34 -0700

I prepared a machine with two NICS in order to use it as Firewall and Web
Proxy.
I configured the NICS interface settings. The first NIC has an IP address
according to the internal network and the second has an IP Address for
Internet purpose.
In the same machine, I installed also a DNS server as forwarder. Another
DNS server is already installed into the Internal Network as Active
Directory integrated DNS server.
Following that, I installed ISA 2004 with service pack1.
After installation, I configured the ISA Server. From ISA Server
Management I configured the following:
·       A Firewall Policy for All Outbound Traffic
·       An Edge Firewall Network
·       Network Rules for Internet Access
·       Web Chaining
·       Cache Rules.

Unfortunately, ISA Server machine cannot access the Internet, giving the
following error: ?Cannot find server or DNS error?.
Also the Microsoft Firewall service is stopped and does not start.
Would you please help me to solve the above problems?