RE: ISA 2004 and RRAS

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:15:51 -0600

Hi Bogdan,
RADIUS RAS policy.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

________________________________

From: Bogdan Florin [mailto:florinb@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 7:36 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] ISA 2004 and RRAS

http://www.ISAserver.org

I'm glad to be back between all of you!

There is a particular case we request and till now I do not find any
solution.

We need to be able to setup a machine with the following software on it:

-          windows 2003

-          isa 2004

-          RRAS setup to make a VPN link with Persistent Connection

-          Default gateway pointed to VPN link

We try for more than one week and the unpleasant thing is that ISA 2004
overwrites the RRAS settings. Any setup we make in RRAS it is gone after
we reboot the computer. I try to understand the ISA VPN section but I
found it not clever enough to can fulfill the scenario requested up
here.

If someone knows how we can setup RRAS with a VPN link working as
Persistent Connection and in the same time to have ISA 2004 on the
machine please let me know. I found no solution for this case till now.

Yours sincerely,

Bogdan Florin
manager
InterNetCon - Satellite Internet Services
www.internetcon.ro www.powersat.ro
phone: +40-264-452383
gsm: +40-740-074031
gsm: +40-788-074031