[isalist] Re: ISA 2004 Secure Internet Access - AD User list

  • From: "Egyptian Mind" <innocent_angel_eng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 02:43:53 -0800

I think it's a matter of Packet filter

Check the attached file

    Best Regards
   Mohamed Saleh

    Senior Network Administrator

College of Business Administration, CBA
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Tel: +966-02-6563199 ext 2521
    Cell: - +966-50-2953591

!~` Yesterday is a History` ~!
!~` Tomorrow is a Mystery` ~!
!~` Today is a Gift` ~!
!~` So we call it ...............` ~!
!~` Present .......Simple` ~!

From: Gene Sibbs <gen_sib@xxxxxxxxx>
To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isalist] ISA 2004 Secure Internet Access - AD User list
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 06:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I'd like to take full control over how USERs on our network access the Intanethi or Internet.

Firewall Policy - Current configured Internet Access Rule:

Policy
Name
Action
Protocols
Frm/Lstnr
Array
Allow NET
Allow
FTP,HTTP, HTTPS
Internal
localhost
External

Condition ? All USers

If I change or remove the All users condition to an AD created User Group (ALLOWED INTERNET USERS) that contains list of allowed user  - the internet connection gets lost.

A user set is defined on ISA server

The idea is to be able to see what sites the user browse and who are the heavy users?

My ISA is a domain member...

Any pointers?

Thanks you.

Do you Yahoo!?