ISA 2004 SE Setup - trihomed Setup?

  • From: "Andrew Barr" <abarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:28:01 -0700

Good Morning all,

Quick Config question

I am wondering what is the best config for the ISA 2004

I have private IP range from our ISP which is connected to the External
NIC
(172.20.x.x)

Our Internal address is (172.16.0.0/16)

and we need to allow access from our ISP to one of the servers via VNC, is
it best to put a third NIC in and place the server off this NIC so that
both internal and external can get to the server or use port forwarding
and keep the server in the internal network, or would it be better using
VPN so that the ISP is part of the internal network and only allow them to
see the server.

Many thanks

Andrew Barr