ISA 2004 EE SP2 question

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:06:13 -0500

Can someone clarify the following feature change as described in the SP2
release notes please. I am not able to decode the explanation,

"Auto Detection:
The behavior of client auto detection as configured on ISA Server has
been modified in this service pack. With Service Pack 2, a request has
to match both the IP address range and the server name or domain name
provided on the Web browser tab to bypass the proxy."

The way I understand this is, if I need to bypass proxy for example
"local.mydomain.net" which is on say "10.254.2.1", then I need to add
both the FQDN name and the IP address to the Web browser tab. Am I
reading this wrong?

Thanks,

Regards,
Raj Periyasamy