ISA 2000 and Outlook Express

  • From: "William Kolkman" <computronics4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:23:59 -0700

We have ISA 2000 with XP clients. The system has been working well for a
couple of years when this past summer ISA decided to start with a problem.
No errors, just would commit. Apparently, (since I am not at this location
anymore) when this happened, the school decided to reinstall ISA on top of
itself. This seemed to work fine and for the most part everything seems to
be responding properly except Outlook Express. The teachers cannot send or
receive emails. I should say that the NEW email accounts are not working
at the present nor since they are new, they have not worked. There were
two old email accounts that still do work.  We checked with the ISP and
verified the settings. I have packet filters in place that should allow
this to work. There are no apparent errors from the ISA side but I was
wondering if I had missed something. Again, this has worked before the
reinstallation.  Other than that, could it possibly be a group policy
thing and where would I find that.

Thanks

Bill