ISA 2000 Server aginst Exchange Instant Messaging

  • From: "saman dib" <sdib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 03:46:17 -0700

Hi all,
I have Win 2000 advanced server ?with SP2- Domain Controller which used as
Exchange 2000 server for Instant messaging service,

and I have other Windows 2000 advanced server ?with SP2-  ( member of
domain ) which used as ISA server 2000 for web sharing used.

The problem is:
As usual if I want the client to connect to the Internet through the ISA
server I must configure the proxy setting  in the Internet Browser ( for
example Internet Explorer )  by check the option USE A PROXY SERVER on LAN
Setting and put the address =[ISA server IP address] and the port =[
8080].

When I do that, the Messenger application will be not working with the
error INSTANT MESSAGING  AUTHINTICATION  ERROR, but when I clear the
option ( USE A PROXY SERVER ) from the Internet explorer browser setting
,the Instant messaging works but sure the Internet will be stop .

Please any help.