IPSec and ISA

  • From: John Burridge <j.burridge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:27:34 -0000

I am trying to use IPSec on my internal network. What I hope to achieve is
that all internal communications are using IPSec, yet the ISA server (acting
as a proxy), will communicate with the internet using standard TCP\IP. (i.e
end user uses IPSec to communicate with ISA server, which communicates with
internet with no IPSec)

I set up policies where the ISA server requests IPsec, but does not require
it, and client machines will only use IPsec if requested.

By looking at IPSecmon, I can confirm that IPsec is being used on the
internal network when communicating with the ISA servers, but I can't get
access to the internet.

Is it possible to have this setup?

Cheers,
John Burridge