IP rules to User Rules

  • From: "Chris Rollison" <crollison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:24:35 -0600

I am currently moving from all my protocol and site rules based upon IP to
rules based upon group membership.  So far I've only played with it a
little bit but ran into a few problems.  When I change the rules and start
disabling the ip rules it starts cutting off users, even if they have
permissions.  Starts asking for them to reauthenticate even though they
are already logged in.  My guess is they would need to log off, then log
back in.

Any other tips or things I need to watch out for this as I am in a k-12
school and don't have the luxury of a test setup, this is all on a live
network.  Thank You.