IP Softphone Not Working For VPN Clients

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:28:07 -0700

Hi all,

Avaya PBX
ISA 2004

We have an Avaya PBX that supports VOIP.  We have a softphone client
that we can run on our laptops.  We can connect to the call server just
fine from inside the company.  But if you log in from outside with VPN,
the connection fails.  VPN has been changed to full access to the
internal network to see if it made any difference.  It does not.  The
same laptop is being used inside and outside the company for testing.
The ISA server is set as the default gateway.  The windows XP firewall
is turned off.  Any clues as to why this would be happening?  This
application worked fine on ISA 2000.

Ray Dzek
Network Operations Supervisor
Specialized Bicycles