Re: IP Phone Advise

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:50:59 -0400

When you say not through ISA very well are you referring to the problems you
mentioned below or call quality issues?

Having now been to my first (of several) IP phone meetings I was told that they
don't work well through Proxy servers and that call traffic needs to be
priortized over data traffic. The good news was that at least this particular
system doesn't use SIP, just regular IP with TCP and UDP ports. The other good
news is that I received a copy of the network documentation today and nowhere
does it say open a port. It actually list ports, protocols and direction of
traffic.

Amy