RE: IHS-Haystack

  • From: "Theresa Call" <tcall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 06:39:27 -0600

Hi Nick,

The only selections available on the Local Computer options for Packet
Filters are to apply the filter to:
-- The default IP address(es) on the external interface
-- This ISA server's external IP address
-- This computer (on the perimeter network)
-- These computers (on the perimeter network)

We don't have a perimeter network configuration.  All the clients are
behind the firewall.  Since we only have one NIC on our ISA server on the
external interface I selected option 2, to specify the ISA server's
external IP address and manually typed it in.  Looking at the other IP
filters we have in place which only effect outbound traffic (this is our
first both direction filter) we have the local computer set this way and
they seem to be working.  Any other ideas?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Theresa